A three days’ Online Faculty Development Program (FDP) “Innovative Pedagogy and Effective Teaching-Learning” was conducted for the Teaching Staff of the College, from May 12 to 14May, 2020. A total of 105 participants attended the session.
The resource persons during the FDP were:
1. Dr. Sameer Sahasrabudhe, Director, Educational Media Research Centre, Pune
2. Ms. Ajita Deshmukh, School of Education and Research, MIT-ADT University, Pune
3. Ms. Ambily Joseph, Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, K R
Gouriamma College of Engineering,Aleppey, Kerala
4. Ms. Daisy Wadhwa, Computer Science and Applications, Guru Nanak Khalsa College for
Women, Model Town, Ludhiana, Punjab
5. Dr.Ilavenil K, Department of Anatomy, Sri Ramakrishna Dental College and Hospital,
Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
6. Mr. Jatin Rajesh Ambasana, Computer Engineering, Marwadi Education Foundation’s Group ofInstitutions, Rajkot
7. Ms. Natasha Gomes, Department of French and Francophone Studies, Goa University, Taleigao,Goa
8. Mr. V. Vijaya Rama Raju, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Gokaraju
Rangaraju Institute of Engineering and Technology, Hyderabad
The FDP was designed to include interactive explanatory sessions followed by practical hands-on sessions, using the principles of Active Learning. The FDP had a total of 8 interactive talks and 4 Lab sessions spread over 3 days.
On day 1, the session on Active Learning focused on pedagogical aspects, where the participants were guided on Active Learning and implementation of Think-Pair-Share (TPS) in their class. The lab session that followed, facilitated planning domain-specific TPS activities by the participants using a TPS constructor.
In the Flipped classroom session on day 2, the principles and components of the strategy were discussed. The lab session involved an activity to frame out-of class and in-class activities on a chosen topic. This was followed by a demonstration on how to use different Google apps for ICT-enabled teaching-learning.
On day 3, demonstration of a Screen casting tool, Screencast-O-Matic, was followed by a demonstration of features and functionalities of MOODLELMS. The entire session focused on interactive content/course creation. This was followed by review of assignment submissions and clarification of queries.
Participants were awarded with e-certificates on completion of all the activities.
All Copyrights Reserved © 2017 PATKAR VARDE COLLEGE | Design by PRAJAKTA SOFTWARE