The Department of BMM organised the following activities for its Students in February 2020:
• Industrial Visit to Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)— On February 10, 2020, an Industrial Visit was arranged to BSE, and was attended by 12 Students. BSE’s Chief Economist and Chief Operating Officer, Dr. V. Aditya Srinivas, spoke to the Students about the important aspects of business and economy, stock markets, and their role in journalism. Students thus gained an insight into the corporate media industry.
• Session on ‘Career Counselling’— On February 15, 2020, 50 TY Students attended a session on ‘Career Counselling’ with industry veterans Dr. Shobha Venkatesh and Ms. Kiran Tolani. The resource persons spoke on techniques to crack interviews, what was expected from candidates, and how to choose the right profession. In addition to theoretical knowledge, Students thus gained practical tips on these aspects from industry experts.
• Industrial Visit to Lokmat Press— On February 15, 2020, an Industrial Visit was arranged to Lokmat press, and was attended by 17 Students. Senior Journalist Mr. Shyam Rai provided information about the operations and functioning of press and its role in journalism.
• Lecture on ‘Enhancing Employability Through Emotional Intelligence’— On February 17, 2020, 50 TY Students attended a lecture on ‘Enhancing Graduate Students’ Employability Through Emotional Intelligence’, conducted by Master My Life EQ Education. The lecture sought to underline the winning skills set — Influence, Team Spirit, Organisa
tional Awareness, Self-confidence, Achievement Drive, and Leadership — and life perspectives required to do well in professional life.
• Awareness programme on ‘Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)’— On February 25, 2020, in light of the threat of the COVID-19 epidemic, an awareness programme was organised to dispel myths about the disease and to provide factual information. The speakers were doctors from ‘You First Foundation’, an NGO that works with social, environment and health issues, Dr. Rajesh Murudkar and Dr. Hemashree Patil. The interactive session was attended by 183 Students and Faculty Members.
• Lecture on “Digital Literacy”— On February 28, 2020, a lecture on “Digital Literacy” was conducted by Mr. Shivam Bansal (Lecturer and Manager, The Indian School of Digital Education), and was attended by 170 Students. Mr. Bansal explained the concept of digital media and its impact on consumers’ spending pattern and increasing sales through innovative advertising and attractive presentation.
All Copyrights Reserved © 2017 PATKAR VARDE COLLEGE | Design by PRAJAKTA SOFTWARE